As a somatic psychologist and AASECT certified sex therapist (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors & Therapists), I focus equal attention on my clients’ minds and bodies. Whether suffering from addiction or compulsivity (sex, food, exercise, pornography, etc.), chronic pain due to trauma, or relationship issues, my goal is to offer support in interpreting unhealthy patterns, and helping to resolve mind and body conflict.
Primary Sex Therapist, The Center for Integrative Health & Healing of Seal Beach
Adjunct Professor of Somatic Psychology, John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, Calif.
Ph.D. Somatic Psychology
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles, Calif.
M.A. Clinical Psychology
Antioch University Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
B.A. English Literature/International Relations
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
- California State-Certified Sexual Assault/Sexual Abuse Counselor
- Long-term Counselor at the Santa Barbara Rape Crisis Center Santa Barbara Rape Crisis Center
- Certified Sex Therapist, American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, MFT
- Braddock Body Process Practitioner, somatic psychotherapy modality
- Freelance journalist/creative writer
Special areas of focus:
- Low/absent libido and mismatched desire between partners
- Recovery from sexual trauma, sexual assault and abuse
- Sexual compulsivity and addiction issues/pornography
- Inclusive couple’s therapy (communication issues, addressing infidelity)
- Sexuality and pregnancy/fertility concerns
- Kinks, fetishes and nontraditional sexual expression
- Past/current involvement in adult industries
- Extensive collateral resourcing (bodywork, naturopathy, and surrogate sex therapy)